Friday 9 July 1982
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kerry Flanagan and Ashly DelGrosso.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Don't You Want Me by The Human League.
In UK Fame by Irene Cara was in the top 5 hits.
A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NBC News Overnight.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing or Check Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1982!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1982 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Kerry Flanagan: American newsmaker, the fourth American born through in vitro fertilization (IVF) and the first IVF baby not born by Caesarean section.
- Ashly DelGrosso: American ballroom dancer.
- Alecko Eskandarian: American soccer player and manager.
- Toby Kebbell: English actor.
- Maggie Ma: Canadian actress singer and dancer.
- Botham scores 208 in 225 balls, England vs. India at The Oval
- Pan Am Boeing 727 crashes in Kenner La, killing 153
- Pan Am Flight 759 crashes in Kenner, Louisiana killing all 145 people on board and eight others on the ground.
- Margaret Thatcher begins her second term as British prime minster.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 July 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?