Wednesday 9 July 1986
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Holding Back The Years by Simply Red.
In UK Spirit In The Sky by Doctor & The Medics was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Mouse Detective, directed by Ron Clements, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Last Of The Breed by Louis L'Amour was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1986!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1986 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Kiely Williams: American actress and singer.
- Sébastien Bassong: Cameroonian footballer.
- Dominic Cervi: American soccer player.
- Simon Dumont: American freestyle skier.
- Severo Meza: Mexican footballer.
- Genevieve Morton: South African model
- Padres trade pitcher Tim Stoddard to Yankees for pitcher Ed Whitson
- The New Zealand Parliament passes the Homosexual Law Reform Act legalising homosexuality in New Zealand.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simply Red - Holding Back The Years
- Genesis - Invisible Touch
- Billy Ocean - There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry)
- Janet Jackson - Nasty
- El DeBarge - Who's Johnny (Short Circuit Theme)
- Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
- Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
- Howard Jones - No One Is To Blame
- The Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams
- The Fabulous Thunderbirds - Tuff Enuff
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?