Sunday 9 June 1901
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Forward, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1901.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1901!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1901 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Erich Rademacher: German swimmer and water polo player and breaststroke swimmer who competed in the 1928 Summer Olympics and in the 1932 Summer Olympics.
- George Price: Cartoonist.
- Marion Gering: Actress (Sarumba, Rumba, Ready for Love, 24 Hours).
- Walter Besant: Novelist / philanthropist.
- New York Giants get record 31 hits to beat Cincinnati Reds 25-13.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When You Were Sweet Sixteen - J.W. Myers
- Hearts and Flowers - Harry Macdonough
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?