Saturday 9 June 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Romance of the Redwoods, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 9 June 1917 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Hand That Rocks the Cradle
Il destino di un trovatello
Which were the important events of 9 June 1917 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
See other famous people born on 09 June
Eric Hobsbawm: Egyptian-English historian and author (d. 2012).
Byron White: American jurist, a retired Supreme Court Justice, a former All-American and NFL football hero, Rhodes scholar and WW II naval intelligence officer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1917?
- Science: Science vol. 45 issue 1171
- Science: Science vol. 45 issue 1170
- Science: Science vol. 45 issue 1169
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
It was the sixth day of Mr. Direck's first visit to England, and he was at his acutest perception of differences. He found England in every way gratifying and satisfactory, and more of a contrast with things American than he ...
Bart lives with his aunt and uncle in a modest house in a modest village. He befriends a girl from a higher social class, but her reciprocation of his flourishing love is marked by periods of disdain for his humble ...
A tale of the Great War, as the Red Planet's glow bathes England in the ruby colors of military conquest. . .
Eleanor H. Porter was a popular American novelist at the turn of the 20th century. Best known as the author of Pollyanna, Porter wrote kids books, adventure stories, and romances that are still read today.
Tell the world why 9 June 1917 is such a special date for you!