Saturday 9 June 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The Shock, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1923 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Gerald Götting: German politician (d. 2015).
- Princess Helena of the United Kingdom: daughter of Queen Victoria (Born 1846).
- 55th Belmont: Earl Sande aboard Zev wins in 2:19
- Brinks unveils 1st armored security vans
- Bulgarian Premier Stamboeliski and King Boris III overthrown
- Bulgaria's military takes over the government in a coup.
- A military coup in Bulgaria ousts prime minister Aleksandar Stamboliyski (he is killed June 14).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?