Sunday 9 June 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Nosferatu, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1929 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Eric Weil: Swiss astrologer, practiced in Geneva, died in 2010.
- Johnny Ace: American rhythm and blues singer (d. 1954).
- Keith A St H Gardner: Jamaica -- 4x400m runner (1960 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Robert E Badham: (Rep-R-California, 1977- ).
- Venezuelan rebel Urbina lets Dutch / Curacaose hostages free
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?