Tuesday 9 June 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Cazenave and Anton Burghardt.
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1942 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Michel Cazenave: French philosopher and writer, specializing in the work of Carl Gustav Jung.
- Anton Burghardt: German footballer and manager.
- Nicholas Lloyd: Editor (Daily Express).
- Adipatie Ario Soejono becomes Minister in Gerbrandy government
- German-Neth press reports, 3 million Dutch sent to East-Europe
- Nazis kill all inhabitants of Lidice Czechoslovakia
- Nazis burn the Czech village of Lidice in reprisal for the killing of Reinhard Heydrich.
- (12:30 a.m.) ndash B-17 Flying Fortress air crash near Auckland.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?