Wednesday 9 June 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe [William] Haldeman and Hugh King.
Spitfire, directed by Leslie Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1943 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Joe [William] Haldeman: United States -- Sci-fi author (Hugo, Nebula, Worlds Apart).
- Hugh King: American homicide victim, he was killed in a house that was burned down by his former girl-friend's jealous lover, who had kidnapped the girl September 1976.
- Kenny Barron: American pianist and educator (Sphere).
- John Fitzpatrick: English race car driver.
- Joe Haldeman: American science fiction author.
- Charles Saatchi: Iraqi-English businessman co-founded Saatchi & Saatchi
- Pay-as-you-go (withholding) US income tax deductions authorized
- US Congress passes "pay-as-you-go" income tax.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?