Wednesday 9 June 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Spitfire, directed by Leslie Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1943 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Joe [William] Haldeman: United States -- Sci-fi author (Hugo, Nebula, Worlds Apart).
- Kenny Barron: American pianist and educator (Sphere).
- John Fitzpatrick: English race car driver.
- Joe Haldeman: American science fiction author.
- Charles Saatchi: Iraqi-English businessman co-founded Saatchi & Saatchi.
- Hugh King: American homicide victim, he was killed in a house that was burned down by his former girl-friend's jealous lover, who had kidnapped the girl September 1976.
- Pay-as-you-go (withholding) US income tax deductions authorized
- US Congress passes "pay-as-you-go" income tax.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?