Sunday 9 June 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Adelman and James Kelman.
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Starlight.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1946 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Kenneth Adelman: American government official, appointed in January 1983 by President Reagan as Director of the U.S.
- James Kelman: Influential Scottish writer of novels, short stories, plays, and political essays.
- Sandra Lielke: American family trauma, the daughter of Lorraine Lielke by her first marriage.
- Deyda Hydara: Gambian journalist and publisher co-founded The Point (d. 2004).
- Peter Kilfoyle: English educator and politician.
- Giulio di Sant'Agata: Italian politician and diplomat Italian Minister of Foreign Affairs
- 19 guests at Canfield Hotel die in fire (Dubuque Iowa)
- 66,545 fans help Yanks break million attendance mark, the earliest
- Bhumibol Adulyadej, becomes King of Thailand
- Joe Louis KOs Billy Conn in 8 for heavyweight boxing title
- Nineteen guests at Canfield Hotel die in fire (Dubuque, Iowa, USA).
- New York Giants' Mel Ott becomes the first manager to be ejected from both games of a doubleheader.
- King Bhumibol Adulyadej ascends to the throne of Thailand. He is currently the world's longest reigning monarch.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- One More Tomorrow - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?