Monday 9 June 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donald Michael Santini and John Dukakis.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Vikings, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1958 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Donald Michael Santini: Massachusetts, United States -- Murderer (FBI Most Wanted List).
- John Dukakis: American music producer and noted family, the son of Kitty Dukakis and her first husband, a Utah businessman.
- David Ancrum: American basketball player and coach.
- Robert Donat: Actor (Citadel, Goodbye Mr Chips, 39 Steps), dies at 53.
- Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley hits #1
- Queen Elizabeth II officially opens London Gatwick Airport, (LGW) in Crawley, West Sussex, United Kingdom.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 June 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- The Four Preps - Big Man
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?