Friday 9 June 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael J Fox and Michael Fox.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Running Scared by Roy Orbison.
In UK Surrender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Parent Trap, directed by David Swift, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kraft Mystery Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1961 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Michael J Fox: Canadian-born actor.
- Michael Fox: Canadian-American actor.
- Thomas Benson: American football player.
- Aaron Sorkin: American screenwriter producer and playwright.
- Camille Guerin: French scientist, a physician and microbiologist.
- Ryne Duren sets AL record with 7 straight strikeouts against Red Sox
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 June 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Running Scared
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Shep and the Limelites - Daddy's Home
- The Shirelles - Mama Said
- Elvis Presley - I Feel So Bad
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Gene McDaniels - A Hundred Pounds Of Clay
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Connie Francis - Breakin' In A Brand New Broken Heart
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?