Saturday 9 June 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Lundon and Yuval Banai.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
That Touch of Mink, directed by Delbert Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard the Lionheart.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1962!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1962 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Eddie Lundon: rocker (China Crisis - "Christian").
- Yuval Banai: Israeli musician and singer (Mashina).
- Manuel Dias: French-Portuguese coach driver, he was the first victim of the terrorists attacks in Paris, near the Stade de France.
- Yuval Banay: Israeli singer-songwriter and guitarist (Mashina).
- Ken Rose: American football player.
- Henry Kendall: American physicist photographer and mountaineer Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1999).
- Bill of Hare, premieres in USA
- 94th Belmont: Bill Shoemaker aboard Jaipur wins in 2:28.8
- Tony Bennett debuts in concert at Carnegie Hall in New York City
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Dion - Lovers Who Wander
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Connie Francis - Second Hand Love
- Mary Wells - The One Who Really Loves You
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?