Sunday 9 June 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's My Party by Lesley Gore.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Donovan's Reef, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1963 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Johnny Depp: American actor and director, a baby-faced heart throb who began as a guitar player with the "Rock City Angels" when he made a screen debut in "Nightmare on Elm Street.
- Johnny Depp in Queensboro: Kentucky, USA; actor (21 Jump Street, Pirates of the Caribbean).
- Gilad Atzmon: Israeli-English saxophonist author and activist (The Blockheads).
- David Koepp: American director producer and screenwriter.
- 1st Sunday night game in baseball SF Giants lose to Houston Colts 3-0
- Barbara Romack wins LPGA Rock City Ladies Golf Open
- Barbra Streisand appears on Ed Sullivan Show
- Equal Pay Act enacted
- JFK names Winston Churchill US honorary citizen
- Movie Cleopatra opens in New York
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Lou Christie - Two Faces Have I
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- Bill Anderson - Still
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?