Sunday 9 June 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Rouen and Niki Bakoyianni.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Young Girl by Union Gap was in the top 5 hits.
Faces, directed by John Cassavetes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Me Mammy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1968!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1968 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Tom Rouen: NFL punter (Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32).
- Niki Bakoyianni: Greek high jumper and coach.
- Bernard Cronin: Australian author and journalist (Born 1884).
- 38th French Womens Tennis: Nancy Richey beats Anne H Jones (57 64 61)
- Carol Mann wins LPGA Bluegrass Ladies Golf Invitational
- Yugoslav President Tito promises reforms
- U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson declares a national day of mourning following the assassination of Senator Robert F. Kennedy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Aretha Franklin - Think
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?