Monday 9 June 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Keith Alex and Mitch McLee [Douglas Lee Mitchell] in Miles.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Get Back by The Beatles.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Movie, directed by Andy Warhol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Johnny Cash Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1969!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1969 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Keith Alex: NFL guard (Minn Vikings).
- Mitch McLee [Douglas Lee Mitchell] in Miles: Michigan, USA; drummer (Southgang).
- Tina Harmon: American homicide victim, age 12 when she was abducted by Robert Buell on 10/29/1981.
- Nick Kiriazis: American actor.
- André Racicot: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Eric Wynalda: American soccer player coach and sportscaster
- Brian Jones quits (sic) Rolling Stones because of his drug problems
- Warren Burger confirmed as US Chief Justice.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Elvis Presley - In The Ghetto
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Mercy - Love (Can Make You Happy)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Grazing In The Grass
- The Edwin Hawkins Singers - Oh Happy Day
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
- The Guess Who - These Eyes
- Three Dog Night - One
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?