Tuesday 9 June 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Long And Winding Road by The Beatles.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Two Mules for Sister Sara, directed by Don Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1970!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1970 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Erika Miklosa: Hungarian coloratura soprano.
- Harry Van Hofwegen: CFL defensive tackle (BC Lions).
- Russ Romaniuk: Winnipeg, Manitoba -- NHL left wing (Philadelphia Flyers).
- Erika Miklósa: Hungarian soprano.
- Stéphane Plaza: French TV host and presenter, and estate agent, son of Raymond Plaza, professional cyclist racer.
- Bob Dylan given honorary Doctorate of Music at Princeton University
- Harry A Blackmun, sworn in as Supreme Court Justice
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road
- The Poppy Family - Which Way You Goin' Billy?
- Ray Stevens - Everything Is Beautiful
- Rare Earth - Get Ready
- The Moments - Love On A Two-Way Street
- Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia
- Joe Cocker - The Letter
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Up Around The Bend
- Chicago - Make Me Smile
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?