Monday 9 June 1975
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sister Golden Hair by America.
In UK Whispering Grass by Windsor Davies & Don Estelle was in the top 5 hits.
Night Moves, directed by Arthur Penn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Moneychangers by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1975!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1975 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Jeff Saturday: American football player.
- Otto Addo: German-Ghanaian footballer and manager.
- Andrew Symonds: English-Australian cricketer.
- Carolyne Lepage: Montreal, Quebec -- 48 kg judoka (1996 Olympics).
- Paul Agostino: Australian soccer striker (Olyroos, Olympics - 1996).
- Jennifer Mullin: American homicide victim, she was raped and then strangled to death on January 30, 1993 in Rockland, MA, Mullen was last seen alive leaving a party in the early hours of the day, with William Jewett, Jr., an acquaintance who was arrested, nearly five years later, on October 6, 1997 at about 5:20 PM in Weymouth, MA on suspicion of her murder.
- Stéphane Degout: French baritone opera singer, recitalist and concert singer.
- David Frederick Barlow: Composer, dies at 48.
- 107th Belmont: Bill Shoemaker aboard Avatar wins in 2:28.2
- House of Commons is broadcast live by radio for 1st time
- Fire in prison hospital kills ten prisoners and one guard (Sanford, Florida).
- The Order of Australia is awarded for the first time.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- America - Sister Golden Hair
- The Captain and Tennille - Love Will Keep Us Together
- Linda Ronstadt - When Will I Be Loved
- Grand Funk - Bad Time
- Chicago - Old Days
- Jessi Colter - I'm Not Lisa
- Major Harris - Love Won't Let Me Wait
- John Denver - Thank God I'm A Country Boy
- Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom
- Joe Simon - Get Down, Get Down (Get On The Floor)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?