Thursday 9 June 1977
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to I'm Your Boogie Man by KC and the Sunshine Band.
In UK Lucille by Kenny Rogers was in the top 5 hits.
A Bridge Too Far, directed by Richard Attenborough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Falconer by John Cheever was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1977!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1977 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Roopa Mishra: Indian civil servant.
- Amisha Patel: Indian actress.
- Peja Stojakovic: Serbian basketball player.
- Usman Afzaal: Pakistani-English cricketer.
- Olin Kreutz: American football player.
- Ameesha Patel: Indian actress and producer
- Peja Stojaković: Croatian-Greek basketball player
- Zephnad Wattimury: Dutch soccer player (FC Groningen)
- Hans Andreus [Johan W van de Zant]: Dutch poet, dies at 51.
- 50th National Spelling Bee: John Paola wins spelling cambist
- George and Patti Harrison divorce
- Silver jubilee of Queen Elizabeth celebrated with fireworks
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Alan O'Day - Undercover Angel
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right
- Foreigner - Feels Like The First Time
- Kenny Rogers - Lucille
- Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?