Tuesday 9 June 1981
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes.
In UK Being With You by Smokey Robinson was in the top 5 hits.
History of the World: Part I, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1981!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1981 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Vic Zhou: Taiwanese actor, singer and model.
- Vic Chou: Taiwanese actor and singer (F4).
- Anoushka Shankar: English-born sitarist, daughter of Ravi Shankar.
- Sara Tommasi: Italian actress and model.
- Parinya Charoenphol: Thai boxer model and actress.
- Natalie Portman: American / Israeli movie actress (Natalie was inspired to his father by Bécaud's song). First role in the 1994 French action film Léon, major success as Padmé Amidala in the Star Wars prequel trilogy. Enrolled at Harvard University in 1999 to study psychology while still working as an actress; completed BA in 2003.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Stars On 45 - Medley
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Ray Parker Jr. - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do)
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- George Harrison - All Those Years Ago
- Neil Diamond - America
- REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run
- Franke & The Knockouts - Sweetheart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?