Monday 9 June 1986
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to On My Own by Patti LaBelle.
In UK Spirit In The Sky by Doctor & The Medics was in the top 5 hits.
Back to School, directed by Alan Metter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while I'Ll Take Manhattan by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1986!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1986 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Karan Wahi: Indian actor.
- Kevin Borg: Maltese-Swedish singer.
- Doug Legursky: American football player.
- Kary Ng: Hong Kong singer-songwriter and actress (Cookies and Ping Pung).
- Yadier Pedroso: Cuban baseball player (d. 2013).
- 20th Music City News Country Awards: Statler Brothers and Loretta Lynn
- Angel Don Sutton (298 wins) beats White Sox Tom Seaver (306 wins) 3-0
- Dow Jones-index hits record 45.71 points
- Rogers Comm report on Challenger disaster blames Morton Thiokol
- The Rogers Commission report on space shuttle Challenger disaster blames Morton Thiokol.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Patti LaBelle - On My Own
- Madonna - Live To Tell
- Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
- Billy Ocean - There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry)
- The Jets - Crush On You
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
- George Michael - A Different Corner
- Howard Jones - No One Is To Blame
- Mike + The Mechanics - All I Need Is A Miracle
- Level 42 - Something About You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?