Wednesday 9 June 1993
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to That's The Way Love Goes by Janet Jackson.
In UK (I Can't Help) Falling In Love With You by UB40 was in the top 5 hits.
Jurassic Park, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1993!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1993 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
Famous Birthdays:09 June
- Japanese crown Prince Naruhito weds Masaka Owada
- Stanley Cup: Montreal Canadiens beat LA Kings, 4 games to 1
- Tickets for Indians 1st season in Jacobs Field go on sale
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?