Friday 9 June 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ridin' by Chamillionaire.
In UK I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair) by Sandi Thom was in the top 5 hits.
Monster House, directed by Gil Kenan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Singing Estate.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alex Rider: Stormbreaker or Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 9 June 2006 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 June
- Drafi Deutscher: German Schlager singer (Born 1946).
- The first Kazakh space satellite ''KazSat'' is launched.
- Former Beatle Paul McCartney turns 64 after writing ampquotWhen I'm Sixty-Fourampquot at age 16.
- Seven Palestinian civilians, including women and three children, are killed in an explosion on a beach in the Gaza Strip crowded by holiday makers, sparking an intense international debate as for its cause. (BBC)
- Disney/Pixar's new film ''Cars'' opens worldwide (except in UK)
- The suspected WWII 'bomb' under Broadmead in Bristol, United Kingdom turns out to be a piece of reinforced concrete. (BBC)
- Celebrations for Thailand's King Rama IX's Diamond Jubilee begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?