Saturday 9 March 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Hearts of the World, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1918 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- George Rockwell: American Nazi, an ex-navy pilot and commercial artist who acknowledged Hitler as his spiritual leader.
- George Lincoln Rockwell: founder of the American Nazi Party (d. 1967).
- Mickey Spillane: American writer who began selling his stories in 1935 to slick and pulp magazines.
- Marguerite Chapman: Chatham, New York -- Actress (Spy Smasher, Flight to Mars).
- Frank Wedekind: German actor and dramatist who became an intense personal force in the German artistic world on the eve of World War I..
- [Benjamin] Franc[lin] Wedekind German writer/press secretary: dies at age 53.
- Wageningen Agricultural College Netherlands opens.
- Ukrainian mobs massacre Jews of Seredino Buda.
- Russian Bolshevik Party becomes the Communist Party.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Gems from Leave It To Jane - Victor Light Opera Co.
- For You a Rose - Prince's Orchestra
- I Don't Want to Get Well - Van & Schenck
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?