Monday 9 March 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Little Lord Fauntleroy, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1936!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1936 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Gisele Oudart: Belgian comedienne.
- [Aino] Elina Salo: Sipoo, Finland -- Actress (Hamlet Goes Business).
- Mickey Gilley: American singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Marty Ingels: American actor (d. 2015).
- Tom Sestak: American football player (d. 1987).
- Mickey Gilley in Ferriday: Louisiana, USA; country singer ("Urban Cowboy").
- Marty Ingels in Brooklyn: New York, USA; comedian (I'm Dickens He's Fenster).
- Babe Ruth turns down Cincinnati Reds to make a comeback as a baseball player.
- Pro-democratic militarist Keisuke Okada steps down as Prime Minister of Japan and is replaced by radical militarist Koki Hirota.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?