Monday 9 March 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include [Aino] Elina Salo and Mickey Gilley in Ferriday.
Little Lord Fauntleroy, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1936!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1936 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- [Aino] Elina Salo: Sipoo, Finland -- Actress (Hamlet Goes Business).
- Mickey Gilley in Ferriday: Louisiana, USA; country singer ("Urban Cowboy").
- Marty Ingels in Brooklyn: New York, USA; comedian (I'm Dickens He's Fenster).
- Gisele Oudart: Belgian comedienne.
- Mickey Gilley: American singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Babe Ruth turns down Cincinnati Reds to make a comeback as a baseball player.
- Pro-democratic militarist Keisuke Okada steps down as Prime Minister of Japan and is replaced by radical militarist Koki Hirota.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 March 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?