Monday 9 March 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Lindsay in Eugene and Robert Denvers.
49th Parallel, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1942 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Mark Lindsay in Eugene: Oregon, USA; rocker (Paul Revere and the Raiders).
- Robert Denvers: Belgian dancer, choreographer and ballet director.
- Mark Lindsay: American musician, composer, vocalist, saxophonist, guitar and piano player.
- Pedro Bandeira: Brazilian children's author.
- John Cale: Welsh singer-songwriter viola player and producer (The Velvet Underground and Theatre of Eternal Music).
- Construction of the Alaska Highway begins.
- WWII: Executive order 9082 (February 28, 1942) reorganizes the United States Army into three major commands: Army Ground Forces, Army Air Forces, and Services of Supply, later redesignated Army Service Forces.
- March 12 ndash WWII: General General Douglas MacArthur, his family, and key members of his staff are evacuated by PT boat, under cover of darkness, from Corregidor in the Philippines. Command of US forces in the Philippines passes to Major General Jonathan M. Wainwright.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 March 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?