Tuesday 9 March 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Trish Van Devere [Patricia Dressel] in Englewood Cliffs and Colin Murdock.
Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1943 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Trish Van Devere [Patricia Dressel] in Englewood Cliffs: New Jersey, USA; actress (Changeling, Movie Movie, Hearse).
- Colin Murdock: American voice actor.
- Bobby Fischer: American chess grand master, a child prodigy who began learning chess at age 6 and began competing in chess tournaments at age 10.
- Dale Michaels: Canadian executive who works in Vancouver and is presently the Executive Director of Corporate Affairs for the British Columbia Transit Corporation.
- Charles Gibson: American television journalist.
- Trish Van Devere: American actress
- Greek Jews of Salonika are transported to Nazi extermination camps
- Delft opposition group-Pahud de Mortanges overthrown.
- Şükrü Saracoğlu forms the new government of Turkey. (14th government Şükrü Saracoğlu had served twice as a prime minister)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 March 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?