Friday 9 March 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Royer and Robin Trower in London.
The House of Fear, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1945 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Ray Royer: Rocker (Procol Harum-Whiter Shade of Pale).
- Robin Trower in London: England; rocker (Procol Harum - "A Whiter Shade of Pale").
- Dennis Rader: American charged with the murder of ten people, including seven women, over the course of 27 years.
- Gérard Saillant: French physician and surgeon, widely known for having cared famous sportsmen, particularly football player Ronaldo and his friend Michaël Schumacher.
- Laura Lee: Soul Singer.
- Robert Calvert: English singer-songwriter and playwright (Hawkwind) (d. 1988)
- Robin Trower: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Procol Harum and The Paramounts)
- Margot Frank: German-born Dutch Jewish holocaust victim (Born 1926).
- 334 US B-29 Superfortresses attack Tokyo with 120,000 fire bomb
- Japanese proclaim the "independence" of Indo-China.
- 279 American B-29 bombers attack Tokyo, Japan, destroying sixteen square miles of the city, killing 83,700, injuring 40,000, making over one million homeless.
- The film ''Les Enfants du Paradis'' premieres in Paris.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 March 1945
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Rum and Coca-cola - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra - More and More
- Sentimental Journey - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Rum and Coca-Cola - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?