Friday 9 March 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Forbidden Planet, directed by Fred McLeod Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1956 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Mark McDonough: American astrologer and entrepreneur, the designer of AstroDatabank and founder of the AstroDB company.
- Mark Dantonio: American football player and coach.
- Shashi Tharoor: Indian author & United Nations Under-Secretary General.
- David Willetts: English politician Shadow Secretary of State for Business Innovation and Skills.
- Weather forecasting phone line set up in London England
- Archbishop Makarios of Cyprus arrested and exiled to Seychelles.
- Soviet military suppresses a mass demonstrations in the Georgian SSR, reacting to Nikita Khrushchev's de-Stalinization policy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?