Friday 9 March 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Green in Columbus and Jan Furtok.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Hey! Baby by Bruce Channel.
In UK Can't Help Falling In Love / Rock-A-Hula Baby by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Through a Glass Darkly, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Benny Hill.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1962!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1962 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Brian Green in Columbus: Indiana, USA; actor (Brian Bodine - All My Children, Sam Fowler - Another World).
- Jan Furtok: Polish footballer and manager.
- Pete Wishart: Scottish singer and politician (Big Country and Runrig).
- Howard Engstrom of Boston: Massachussettes, USA, a designer of Univac computer, dies at age 59.
- Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser declares Gaza belongs to Palestinians.
- US coin dealer George Walton is killed in a car accident. Among his possessions in his car is a 1913 Liberty Head Nickel (one of five in existence), which is declared to be an altered date by an auction firm.
- US advisors in South-Vietnam join the fight.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- The Sensations - Let Me In
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- James Darren - Her Royal Majesty
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Don & Juan - What's Your Name
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?