Tuesday 9 March 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bev Oden and Lou Benfatti.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
The Andromeda Strain, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Rich Man, Poor Man by Irwin Shaw was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Taková normální rodinka.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1971!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1971 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Bev Oden: Millington, Tennessee -- Volleyball middle blocker (1996 Olympics).
- Lou Benfatti: NFL defensive tackle (New York Jets).
- Bev Oden in Millington: Tennessee, USA; volleyball middle blocker (Olympics-1996).
- Emmanuel Lewis in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Webster).
- Jiro Nihei: hockey goaltender (Team Japan 1998).
- Sean Holcomb: NFL linebacker (New England Patriots).
- Tagtrug Mukpo: Tibetan-American child of noted family. Affectionately known as Taggie, he is the son of Tibetan Buddhist meditation master Chögyam Trungpa, Rinpoche and his English wife, Lady Diana Mukpo. He is half-brother to Buddhist lama, Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, Chögyam Trungpa's eldest son. As a young child, Taggie was recognized by His Holiness the Sixteenth Gyalwa Karmapa as one of several incarnations of Surmang Tenga Rinpoche, a tulku in the Kaygü lineage. Taggie has autism and requires 24-hour-a-day
- C-Murder : American rapper and actor
- Emmanuel Lewis: American actor and singer
- Diego Torres: Argentinian singer-songwriter and actor
- J M Noreiga takes 9-95 West Indies versus India at Port-of-Spain.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 March 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Jackson 5 - Mama's Pearl
- Ike & Tina Turner - Proud Mary
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen The Rain
- The Partridge Family - Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?