Thursday 9 March 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Taeyeon (Kim Tae-yeon) and Kim Tae-yeon.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lost In Your Eyes by Debbie Gibson.
In UK Too Many Broken Hearts by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, directed by Terry Gilliam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Star by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Just Say Julie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crime Fighters or Dr. Plummet's House of Flux.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1989!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1989 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Taeyeon (Kim Tae-yeon): South Korean singer (Girls' Generation).
- Kim Tae-yeon: Pop Singer.
- Derick Dillard: Reality Star.
- Mary Thomson: YouTube Star.
- Klariza Clayton: TV Actress.
- Robert Mapplethorpe: American contemporary photographer whose prints began at a price of $5,000 while sittings started at $10,000.
- Roger Kingdom runs world record 60 metre hurdles indoor (7.36 seconds).
- Soviet Union officially submits to jurisdiction of the World Court.
- Eastern Airlines files for bankruptcy.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- US Senate rejects Bush's nomination of John Tower as Defense Secretary.
- Financially-troubled Eastern Air Lines filed for bankruptcy.
- A strike forces financially troubled Eastern Air Lines into bankruptcy.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 March 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
- Ann Wilson and Robin Zander - Surrender To Me
- Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- Rod Stewart - My Heart Can't Tell You No
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?