Sunday 9 March 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Mercy by Duffy was in the top 5 hits.
Forgetting Sarah Marshall, directed by Nicholas Stoller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 2008!
Which were the important events of 9 March 2008 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 March
- Swedish Minister for Foreign Affairs Carl Bildt says that Kosovo may become a European Union member state even if it is not a member of the United Nations. (Xinhua News Agency)
- Kosovar Prime Minister Hashim Thaçi unveils a ampquotWelcome to the Republic of Kosovoampquot sign (in Albanian, Serbian, and English) at the border with Serbia. (EuroNews)
- Venezuela announces that it will reopen its embassy in Colombia and welcome back Colombian diplomats expelled during the regional diplomatic crisis. (AP via Google News)
- French voters go to the polls for the municipal elections. (BBC News)
- An Argentine train headed for Mar del Plata from Buenos Aires slams into a bus at a rural rail crossing near Dolores, killing 26 people and leaving at least 60 others injured. (Xinhua News Agency)
- An official reports that last week a flight crew prevented an apparent attempt to crash a Chinese jetliner. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?