Monday 9 May 1904
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1904 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Conrad Bernier: Canadian-American organist composer and educator (d. 1988).
- Gregory Bateson: English anthropologist, social scientist, linguist, visual anthropologist, semiotician and cyberneticist whose work intersected that of many other fields.
- The steam locomotive City of Truro becomes the first steam engine in Europe to exceed 100 mph (160 km/h).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Pagliacci - Vesti La Giubba (On with the Play) - Enrico Caruso
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1904?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?