Tuesday 9 May 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Simeone .
Privatsekretæren, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1911 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Harry Simeone: Newark, New Jersey -- Choral director (Kate Smith Show).
- Fire breaks out at Empire Theater in Edinburgh Scotland.
- The works of Gabriele D'Annunzio placed by the Vatican in the Index of Forbidden Books.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart - Arthur Clough
- Think It Over, Mary - Byron G. Harlan
- Gems from The Pirates of Penzance - Victor Light Opera Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?