Thursday 9 May 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
An Honest Man, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1918 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Moisis Bourlas: Greek soldier and educator (d. 2011).
- Orville Freeman: American three-term former governor of Minnesota and Agricultural Secretary under President John F. Kennedy and President Lyndon B. Johnson.
- Jimmy Réna: French jazz pianist and singer.
- Orville L Freeman: American politician (d. 2003).
- Orville Freeman Minneapolis Minnesota: (Senator-Democrat-Minnesota)/Secretary of Agriculture (1961-69).
- Mike Wallace: American TV personality, hard-boiled investigative reporter for TV's legendary "60 Minutes." His TV credits include being announcer and master-of-ceremonies of the quiz-show "Who Pays?"
- Moisis Michail Bourlas: Greek member of the World War II resistance (d. 2011)
- George Cosbuc: Romanian poet (Born 1866).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Everybody's Crazy 'Bout the Doggone Blues (But I'm Happy) - Marion Harris
- On the Road to Home Sweet Home - Percy Hemus
- The Siren's Song - Helen Clark & Gladys Rice
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1918?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?