Thursday 9 May 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Orville L Freeman and Orville Freeman Minneapolis Minnesota.
An Honest Man, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1918 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Orville L Freeman: American politician (d. 2003).
- Orville Freeman Minneapolis Minnesota: (Senator-Democrat-Minnesota)/Secretary of Agriculture (1961-69).
- Moisis Michail Bourlas: Greek member of the World War II resistance (d. 2011).
- Orville Freeman: American three-term former governor of Minnesota and Agricultural Secretary under President John F. Kennedy and President Lyndon B. Johnson.
- Jimmy Réna: French jazz pianist and singer.
- Mike Wallace: American TV personality, hard-boiled investigative reporter for TV's legendary "60 Minutes." His TV credits include being announcer and master-of-ceremonies of the quiz-show "Who Pays?"
- Moisis Bourlas: Greek soldier and educator (d. 2011)
- George Cosbuc: Romanian poet (Born 1866).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Everybody's Crazy 'Bout the Doggone Blues (But I'm Happy) - Marion Harris
- On the Road to Home Sweet Home - Percy Hemus
- The Siren's Song - Helen Clark & Gladys Rice
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?