Sunday 9 May 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francis Kennedy and Alistair MacFarlane principal (Heriot-Watt University.
Sparrows, directed by William Beaudine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1926 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Francis Kennedy: British diplomat.
- Alistair MacFarlane principal (Heriot-Watt University: England).
- Joshua Hassan: chief minister (Gibralter).
- Robin Cooke: president (New Zealand Court of Appeal).
- John Murry: Jr.
- Joseph Mallaby Dent: Publisher.
- Admiral Richard E. Byrd and Floyd Bennett claim to have flown over the North Pole (later discovery of Byrd's diary seems to indicate that this did not happen).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Always - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Clap Hands! Here Comes Charley - Johnny Marvin
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?