Wednesday 9 May 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Ann Scott and Pall Pampichier Palsson.
Hangman's House, directed by June Collyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1928 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Barbara Ann Scott: Ottawa, Ontario -- Figure skater (1948 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Pall Pampichier Palsson: Composer.
- Pancho Gonzalez: American tennis player (d. 1995).
- Richard A "Pancho" Gonzalez in Los Angeles: California, USA; tennis star (US 1948-49).
- Pancho Gonzales: Mexican-American tennis champ, known for a strong serve and fiery on-court personality, a winner of the U.S.
- Ralph Goings: American painter closely associated with the Photorealism movement of the late 1960s and early 1970s. He is best known for his highly detailed paintings of hamburger stands, pick-up trucks, and California banks, portrayed in a deliberately objective manner.
- Richard Gonzales: Los Angeles sports Champions
- Michel Drancourt: Cambrai Journalist
- Barbara Scott: Canadian-American figure skater (d. 2012)
- Constantin Dimitrescu: Composer, dies at 81.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?