Saturday 9 May 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vance DeVoe Brand in Longmont and Vance Brand.
Drácula, directed by George Melford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1931 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Vance DeVoe Brand in Longmont: Colorado, USA; astronaut (Apollo 18, STS-5, 41B, 35).
- Vance Brand: American astronaut who earned his MBA in 1953 and a degree in aeronautical engineering in 1960.
- Jacques Schoubben: Belgium sport Champion.
- 57th Preakness: George Ellis aboard Mate wins in 1:59.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 May 1931
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?