Sunday 9 May 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1948 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- John Drayton Mahaffey in Kerrville: Texas, USA; PGA golfer (1978 PGA Champion).
- Hans Georg Bock: German mathematician.
- Calvin Murphy: American athlete, NBA basketball player for San Diego Rockets (1970-71) and Houston Rockets (1971-83) .
- Hans Bock: German mathematician computer scientist and academic.
- Steven Mosher: American social scientist and author.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?