Friday 9 May 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Scaramouche, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1952 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Patrick Ryecart: Actor (Silas Mariner).
- Linda Finnie: Scottish mezzo-soprano who studied at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama.
- Canada Lee: black actor (Lost Boundaries), dies in New York City, New York at age 45.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?