Saturday 9 May 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Miloslav Mecir .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Hello, Dolly! by Louis Armstrong.
What a Way to Go!, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Horizon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1964 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Miloslav Mecir: Czechoslovakia -- Tennis player (1988 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Khrushchev visits Egypt
- Peter and Gordon release World Without Love
- Ngo Dinh Can, de facto ruler of central Vietnam under his brother President Ngo Dinh Diem before the family's toppling, is executed.
- South Korean President Chung Hee Park reshuffles his Cabinet, after a series of student demonstrations against his efforts to restore diplomatic and trade relations with Japan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Beatles - Do You Want To Know A Secret
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
- The 4 Seasons - Ronnie
- Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- Danny Williams - White On White
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?