Tuesday 9 May 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Barr and Daniela Silivas.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lotus Eaters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1972 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Dave Barr: WLAF quarterback (Scotland Claymores).
- Daniela Silivas: Romanian gymnast and Olympic Champion.
- Dan Hollander in Royal Oak: Michigan, USA; figure skater (1996 Great Lakes champion).
- Simon Hollingsworth Australian 400 metre hurdler (Olympics-1992: 1996).
- Lisa Ann: American Pornographic Actress.
- Freeman : French hip hop artist and breakdancer. He is a member of the successful hip hop group IAM together with Akhenaton, Shurik'n, Khéops, Imhotep, and Kephren. He has also worked as a solo artist and an actor.
- Megumi Odaka: Japanese actress and singer
- Dana Perino: American journalist and politician 27th White House Press Secretary
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- Ringo Starr - Back Off Boogaloo
- America - A Horse With No Name
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?