Wednesday 9 May 1973
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree by Dawn.
In UK See My Baby Jive by Wizzard was in the top 5 hits.
The Day of the Jackal, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1973 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Tegla Loroupe: Kenyan runner.
- Leonard Myles-Mills: Ghanaian sprinter.
- Chu Sang-mi: South Korean actress.
- For 2nd time, Johnny Bench hits 3 HRs in a game
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- War - The Cisco Kid
- Elton John - Daniel
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- Dobie Gray - Drift Away
- Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
- Donny Osmond - The Twelfth Of Never
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?