Friday 9 May 1975
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to He Don't Love You (Like I Love You) by Tony Orlando and Dawn.
In UK Bye Bye Baby by Bay City Rollers was in the top 5 hits.
Mandingo, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while The Moneychangers by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1975 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Chris Diamantopoulos: Canadian actor.
- Lane Kiffin: American football coach.
- Tamia : Canadian singer-songwriter producer and actress.
- Brian Deegan: freestyle motocross innovator.
- Tamia Hill: Soul Singer.
- Philip Dorn: Dies at 73.
- Brian Oldfield shot puts 22.86 m (world record)
- Flyers 1-Isles 5 - Semifinals - Flyers hold 3-2 lead
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tony Orlando and Dawn - He Don't Love You (Like I Love You)
- Freddy Fender - Before The Next Teardrop Falls
- B.J. Thomas - (Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song
- Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Jackie Blue
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Shining Star
- The Blackbyrds - Walking In Rhythm
- Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom
- Carpenters - Only Yesterday
- Leo Sayer - Long Tall Glasses (I Can Dance)
- Paul Anka - I Don't Like To Sleep Alone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?