Wednesday 9 May 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew WK and Dionysis Boukouvalas.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Reunited by Peaches & Herb.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Manhattan, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cities.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Football or Star Trek: Phaser Strike.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1979 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Andrew WK: American musician.
- Dionysis Boukouvalas: Greek composer, pianist and musicologist.
- Brandon Webb: American baseball player.
- Matt Morris: American singer-songwriter.
- Rosario Dawson: American actress.
- Pierre Bouvier: Canadian musician (Simple Plan)
- US and the USSR sign Salt 2 treaty, limiting nuclear weapons
- US and USSR sign Salt 2 treaty, limiting nuclear weapons.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?