Sunday 9 May 1982
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Chariots Of Fire - Titles by Vangelis.
In UK Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Conan the Barbarian, directed by John Milius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1982 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Rachel Boston: American beauty queen and actress.
- 9 opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 739 performances
- Sally Little wins LPGA United Virginia Bank Golf Classic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- The J. Geils Band - Freeze-Frame
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Go-Go's - We Got The Beat
- Paul Davis - '65 Love Affair
- Charlene - I've Never Been To Me
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Did It In A Minute
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?