Friday 9 May 1986
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Danny Duncan and Kyle Myers.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to West End Girls by Pet Shop Boys.
In UK A Different Corner by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
Top Gun, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while A Perfect Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lau man dai hung.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars or Doraemon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1986 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
Famous Birthdays:09 May
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
- Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
- Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- The Outfield - Your Love
- Phil Collins - Take Me Home
- Miami Sound Machine - Bad Boy
- The Rolling Stones - Harlem Shuffle
- Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - If You Leave
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?