Sunday 9 May 1993
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Freak Me by Silk.
In UK Five Live (EP) by George Michael & Queen With Lisa Stansfield was in the top 5 hits.
Much Ado About Nothing, directed by Kenneth Branagh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1993 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
Famous Birthdays:09 May
- Song of Jacob Zulu closes at Plymouth Theater NYC after 53 performances
- Meg Mallon wins LPGA Sara Lee Golf Classic.
- Paraguay holds its first presidential and parliamentary elections in 50 years.
- Landslide in Nambija, Ecuador, kills 300.
- Juan Carlos Wasmosy becomes the first democratically elected President of Paraguay in nearly 40 years.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?