Monday 9 May 1994
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marius Godard and Ben Selley.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Sign by Ace Of Base.
In UK Come On You Reds by Manchester United Football Squad was in the top 5 hits.
The Crow, directed by Alex Proyas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1994
while In the Kitchen With Rosie by Rosie Dale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Breaking News.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bubble Symphony or ESPN National Hockey Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1994.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1994 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Marius Godard: Younger brother of Camille Godard, children of a family likely to have been killed by the father.
- Ben Selley: Pop Singer.
- Troy Ogletree: Rapper.
- Braison Cyrus: TV Actor.
- Ryan Auger: English footballer.
- Elias Motsoaledi: South African freedom fighter (Born 1924).
- Passion opens at Plymouth Theater NYC for 280 performances
- Mass murderer Joel Rifkind found guilty in New York
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1994 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?