Friday 9 May 1997
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Hypnotize by The Notorious B.I.G..
In UK I Believe I Can Fly by R Kelly was in the top 5 hits.
The Fifth Element, directed by Luc Besson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The Rapture of Canaan by Sheri Reynolds was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1997.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1997 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
Famous Birthdays:09 May
- 1st US ambassador since Saigon fell arrives in Vietnam
- First US ambassador since Saigon fell arrives in Vietnam.
- San Diego Padres retire #35 worn by pitcher Randy Jones.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize
- Jewel - You Were Meant For Me
- Puff Daddy - Can't Nobody Hold Me Down
- Savage Garden - I Want You
- Monica - For You I Will
- Hanson - MMMbop
- Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack
- Paula Cole - Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
- AZ Yet - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- The Spice Girls - Wannabe
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?